Improving the hospitality of automatic doors.
OPTEX’s VVS-1 embodies the perfect balance of safety and comfort.
VVS-1 uses image technology to detect the walking speed and direction of those nearby, ensuring automatic doors open and close at just the right time for each walker. This allows not only for safe, comfortable passage through the doors but also helps improve energy efficiency through reductions in unnecessary openings/closings by keeping the automatic doors closed when pedestrians are merely crossing in front.
Energy-saving doors that do not open for cross traffic
Reducing the number of times the doors are opened unnecessarily allows for improved air conditioning efficiency by keeping the doors closed unless absolutely needed.
Safety and comfort through automatic door opening/closing according to the speed of walkers
VVS-1 is able to accurately recognize the speed at which someone approaches the automatic doors, allowing for faster or slower-than-usual openings for those walking. This ensures the optimum open timing for pedestrians and allows for safe, comfortable passage through the doors.
Area-Specific Image recognition area
Easy Verification of Energy Efficiency via Smartphone
Automatic doors with conventional sensors
The sensor directs the doors to open whenever a person enters the detection area, regardless of the direction.
Automatic doors with VVS-1
VVS-1 detects the direction of those in the detection area, preventing the doors from opening unnecessarily.
OPTEX’s dedicated smart device app is designed to allow VVS-1 users to compare the energy efficiency of doors equipped with VVS-1 and conventional automatic door sensors. Simply download the app to check effectiveness easily and at any time.
To download: Search for "VVS eTracker" in the App Store.
- This exclusive smart device app is designed for use with VVS-1 systems.
- Supported devices: iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches running iOS 8.0 or later.
- The app is free to download. However, data charges may apply.
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the United States and other countries.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and is used under license by OPTEX CO., LTD.
Image Recognition Area