1. Our commitment to privacy
Optex is the data controller (ICO Registration number: Z9304332) of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our services.
This policy was last updated in June 2018.
2. Data that we collect
2.1. Optex collects personal data to operate effectively and provide you with the best experiences of our products and services. Data we collect may include the following:
- Your contact information: names, telephone and email
- You company information: company name and location
2.2. Optex does not collect any “sensitive data” (like racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data etc.) except when we have to comply with the law.
3. How we collect Data
3.1. We collect Data through your input, directly from you by enquiry forms, calls, emails, online messages, meetings, and events.
3.2. We may collect Data from our group companies and affiliates.
4. How we use your Data
4.1. Data protection law means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so. We only use your Data for the following purposes:
- Your Data is used by us to run our business activities effectively, including the sale of our products and services to you, and also to run our CRM system,
- Your Data is used to improve our website use and performance and further develop our products and services,
- Your Data might be used and retained to comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- Your Data may also be used for B2B marketing purpose. You can opt-out of such use of your Data any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in our emails or by emailing us at email@example.com.
4.2. We also collect personal data for the performance of our contract with you or on a basis of our legitimate business interests if you are a potential customer.
5. How long we keep your Data
5.2. We have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations:
- If you submitted an enquiry form on our website or contacted us through other channels but decided not to enter into a contract with us, we will retain your data for 12 months.
- If you are a current or former customer, we will retain your data for 7 years from the date you cease to work with us.
6. How we may share and disclose your Data
6.1. For the provision of our goods and services and to implement the services that each customer desires, we may share relevant data to:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to European offices (Optex Technologies B.V., Optex Security France, Optex Poland) and our mother company Optex Japan.
- Our outsourcers and service providers: we share Data with outsourcers and service providers who help us to provide our services by website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructures.
- Third-parties: we may share Data with third parties in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6.2. We might also use and disclose Data as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities.
6.3. Given the global nature of Optex’s activities, we may at times transfer your Data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). However, we will only do so when we have utilised means to ensure that any such transfer comply with applicable data protections laws, for example when transferred by use of a data-transfer agreement incorporating standard model protection clauses.
7. How we protect your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including but not limited to regular backups, database encryption, and restrictive access to Data by staff.
8. Your rights
8.1. You have the right to access personal data we hold about you. This includes the right to ask us supplementary information about:
- the categories of data we’re processing
- the purposes of data processing
- the categories of third parties to whom the data may be disclosed
- how long the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period)
- your other rights regarding our use of your data
We will provide you with the data within one month of your request, unless doing so would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. We will tell you if we can’t meet your request for that reason.
9. Contact us
If you have any questions, requests or concerns on how your data is processed, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
OPTEX (EUROPE) LIMITED,
Unit 13, Cordwallis Park