The security provided by an access control system is compromised if an authorised person is followed by an unauthorised one. Tailgating can lead to asset and intellectual property loss and risk to employee safety. Optex has designed Accurance 3D which is used to analyse the airlock area and detect whether more than one person is present.
Don't just take our word for it, recent research by Boon Edam concluded the following facts:
- The majority of respondents believe security breaches from tailgating have remained constant/are on the rise.
- 85 % of respondents admitted they did not track tailgating incidents.
- Over 70% of respondents believe they are currently vulnerable to a security breach from tailgating.
- More than 50% of those surveyed believe the cost of a breach caused by tailgating would be from $150,000 to too costly to measure
The key risks of tailgating are:
- Loss of proprietary hardware
- Property loss
- Intellectual property loss
- Risk to personal safety
- Risk of inaccurate headcount